Seared Sesame Tuna
This quick and easy tuna recipe will bring out the lovely flavour and texture of the wild yellowfin tuna saku.
Serves 2-3 people
10 mins cooking time
- 1x +/- 300g Wild Yellowfin Tuna Saku block
- 6 tablespoons Sesame seeds
- 2 red chilli peppers
- 1 bunch spring onion
- Thinly sliced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Season the tuna with the miso paste and soy sauce.
- Place the sesame seeds in a plate and then dip the tuna in the plate to cover all around.
- Place a griddle or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and add the oil.
- When hot, sear the tuna for 1.5 mins each side, and then remove. It should be cooked on the outside and a beautiful pink on the inside.
- Slice the seared tuna to approx. 1.5 cm slices.
- Top with sliced red chillies, ginger and spring onion.
You may wish to have it with a dipping sauce on the side:
- Chop some cilantro and grate ginger and garlic. Add to a bowl, with soy sauce, sesame oil, little water and brown sugar. Mix well.