Salt and Pepper Fried Baby Squid
Serves 3-4 people
- 1 pack Wild Thai Cleaned Baby Squid
- ¼ cup corn flour
- 2 thinly sliced red chillies
- 1 tbsp course ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- Cilantro leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Prepare the squid by rinsing it under cold water and then separate the heads from hoods by gently pulling the tentacles. Dry the squid with a paper towel.
- Cut the hoods along one side and place on a flat surface. Using a knife, create diagonal cuts to create a crisscross pattern. Cut into pieces (appx 5cm x 3cm).
- Combine the cornflour, salt and pepper in a bowl. Dip the squid pieces to ensure they are covered with the mixture.
- Deep fry the squid in batches until they appear a light golden colour.
- Garnish with cilantro and chillies. Enjoy with a side of lemon wedges.