Methi Prawn Masala
Serves 3-4 people
Among many prawn curry recipes is the Methi prawn masala. The unique taste of the prawn along with the slightly bitter taste of the fenugreek brings this dish to life.
- 500g Small Peeled Black Tiger Prawns
- 4 tbsp dried or 1 cup fresh fenugreek leaves (Methi)
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 inches ginger grated
- 5 cloves garlic minces
- 3 green chillies chopped (may add more depending on spice tolerance)
- 4 large tomatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Add the oil to the pan, followed by the onions and fry till translucent.
- Then add the garlic, ginger , green chillies and fenugreek and fry for a few minutes.
- Add in the tiger prawns and fry for a few minutes until they turn pink.
- Now add the tomatoes, and the rest of the spices and allow to cook until the gravy simmers.
- Serve hot with steamed basmati rice or naan bread.