Baked Mediterranean Octopus
Serves 2-3 people
- 1 x Wild Whole Spanish Cleaned Octopus (thawed)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Couple of bay leaves
- Whole pimento (all spice)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 160°c.
- Rinse the thawed octopus and cut in half.
- Use two sheets of foil to make a cross (about 24 inches each), then place a piece of parchment paper in the centre with the octopus on top.
- Pour the olive oil and vinegar over it and add the bay leaves, pimento, oregano and pepper to the octopus. Then wrap the foil tight.
- Place the wrapped octopus on a baking tray and into the preheated oven for 90 minutes. Ensure the octopus is tender, cook for another 30 mins if it seems tough.
- Take the octopus out and cut into pieces, drizzle with extra olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve with rice or Greek flavoured vegetables.